How time passed by really quickly..

It has been a wild ride.. Looking back at what has happened for the past 2 years, it seems like everything happened just yesterday.. Bitter sweet memories but life has definitely changed for me.. Everything happened for a reason.. At that moment of time when you felt that the world is against you, you weren't at the right stake of mind to actually think that something new is coming your way until it really happened to you..

What have I learnt over the past 2 years?? It's mostly of what you can't control you gotta learn go. It's always easier to say than doing it but it is the only way of moving forward.. It ain't easy with all the updates.. rumours & etc.. but the situations that I got caught into deliberately forced me to let go, stop playing the victim card, stop making myself look real bad and move on.. Loadsa tears shed over the days, weeks and even months happened behind the door and in-front of some that I am closed with.. I would never cry in-front of people but I did that which I accepted that I am just a human after all..

I am glad that I've put that behind of me.. and fast forward 2 years later, I have left the agency life.. it started with quitting my full time job without a new job offer cause I needed a break from whatever that has happened cause it messed me up personally and also affected my career.. and I also wanted to spend time on my own and with my family.. I freelanced around for few months with quite big pay cut, cause I still needed the money and at the same time I wanted to take things slowly and try to figure out what I want to do next..

I was actively on job hunting.. with averagely 1 hour spent every night browsing all the job postings online and linked-In was my true best friend.. I blasted my CV out and applied to as many job postings as possible with hope that someone will be interested with my profile and call me.. I was focused on what I want that time when I applied the jobs, which is out of the agency with the mindset that it wasn't easy but I didn't stop trying.. I did managed to attend couple interviews but there's no follow up after that.. That made me think why is it so easy for some people to get good job offers despite of their not so fantastic background?? It was so so tough because companies now seek for extra skills, just by doing client servicing in creative agency is not going to get me anywhere unless I want to go back to agency life which I don't.

I was lucky enough that during that time I bumped into my ex client who is now my boss. We used to work closely together for 3 years and we clicked well. He offered me an opportunity to join his digital team at Astro and also opened up the opportunity for me to learn because this is something new that I don't have experience in.. I joined the team last year in December and it has been 8 months since. Not easy, but it has been an exciting journey when you have a supportive boss and team mates. Fingers crossed I'll do my best and see where this new journey will bring me to :)



Comments

Popular Posts